Get Navigation Code for Your Site
Have you registered a URL yet? If you have, then go to the URLs section of your My Account page, find the URL you need to add a NavBar to, then click the "Get SSNB Code" link found to the right of the URL.
Haven't registered a URL yet? You'll also want to go to the URLs section of your My Account page and find the link that says "register another URL". You will be provided with the navigation code at the end of registration. Another option is to find a ring to join first, then add the code they provide at the end of the sign up process.
Remember: You only need to add the SSNB NavBar once per page, no matter how many rings you submit the page to.
The difference between navigation code and NavBars
There is no difference between navigation code and NavBars, other than the way you look at it. The navigation code is what you add to your site to create your NavBar.
Two types of NavBars
You can get either SSNB or HTML navigation code to place on your page. Your Community manager MAY have special requirements, so be sure you are obtaining the correct version of the coding. If you are uncertain, ask him/her.
Installing the navigation code on your page
Get the SSNB by using the Get SSNB Code link on your URLs page. You can also get the code by editing one of the sites listed for the U#/URL. It doesn't matter which, it is the same for each. When you click to edit a site, one of the links on the left side of the page will say Get Navigation Code. Use that link.
Try this Code Installation Tutorial
You need to place HTML code on your page for EACH Community membership, and generally speaking it is hard to mix SSNB code and HTML because the SSNB wants to display for all memberships for a given URL. So, if you are using HTML then you probably need to do this for every membership you have.
- Click My Account at the top right hand side of the page, after logging in, if you are not already there
- Click the Memberships tab
- Click your site's name beside the title of the Community you wish to get the coding for
- Click Get Navigation Code on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page past the box with the coding in it. Click on the word here where it says "Members who wish to use the HTML version of this NavBar should go here".
- From there you will find the HTML coding customized for your membership that you can copy and paste on to your page